Our Skin, our Chrysalis
Or, our Chrysalis, as Susanna now calls it.
This evening I read a book to the little girls about the lifecycle of butterflies. When we read that caterpillars don't die, they break out of their chrysalis to transform into butterflies, Susanna got this little "ah ha" look on her face & said, "Our skin is like our chrysalis...we break out of it when we transform from this body to the new one we get when we get new bodies in Heaven!"
:) I like that. It's not entirely accurately, of course. We do die...but to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
Whenever we learn about science, we naturally are pointed to God & His creation & the kids usually make that connection on their own.
I read a couple quotes this morning by Sir Isaac Newton. In this intolerant & judgemental culture of Christian bashing we currently live in, it did my heart good to read these quotes by such a great scientist...one who did not separate God from science. It's not even possible for me to separate the two
"In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence."
"The most beautiful system of the Sun, Planets and Comets could only
proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent being. All
variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the
Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original
Creator, whom I call the Lord God."
Here's a quote by Ben Carson ( a neurosurgeon)
“Evolution
and creationism both require faith. It’s just a matter of where you
choose to place that faith.”
Here's the article I read it from:
No comments:
Post a Comment