Yesterday, my husband and our 2 younger daughters were going to run errands in a nearby city. I was going to be alone & work on some projects that never seem to get finished. Well, Alyssa(9) decided to stay home with me last minute because she didn't want me to be alone...lol. I love being alone honestly, but I also love it that she wanted to stay with me because she's my last baby & well, these childhood days are numbered.
So, we were deciding what we were going to do, but she seemed off & looked like she was trying not to cry. So, I was trying to get to the bottom of this, but she had a hard time explaining herself. Finally, she said, "I just feel nervous because Dad & Susanna are driving an hour away, Hannah is at college 2.5 hours away & Jonah is at college half-way across the country. It's only us here at home right now & I wish everyone was home right now & I feel worried.
So, I sat her in my lap & said, if you feel worried, the best thing is to pray. So, we prayed out loud for each person in our family for a good 10 minutes. She felt much better after that.
Hannah was actually on her way home from college for the weekend. She called me soon after this to talk while she was driving (her phone is synced to her car) & while we were talking, I heard a loud noise & she sharply inhaled & said, "oh no! oh my gosh!" Of course, that scared the daylights out of me. It turned out that a large bird (she thinks a hawk) flew right into her windshield. She was fine, the car was fine, except it now needs a new windshield...but, thank God that's all it was. I told Alyssa it was a good thing we had just prayed & to remember to always turn worry into prayer. I love that sweet, sensitive girl <3 font="">3>

No comments:
Post a Comment