We had an awesome & busy weekend. Parties, caroling, open house at a horse trainer's place & a Christmas Cantata at church. We thoroughly enjoyed it all. But last night (Sunday) Hannah was acting miserable & when I asked her what was wrong she said she was dreading the next day (Monday). She said Mondays are always so frustrating because the house is in a shambles from the weekend & we have to do schooling plus cleaning & it seems like most Mondays just don't go well. Plus she's having trouble w/ conversions in Math & didn't want to do it. LOL We talked about things for awhile-math, routines, what she wants to do with her life, etc.
So, this morning, I got up at 5:30 & did the dishes, started laundry, picked up the living room & got some of the school subjects ready. The kids got up, did chores & then I made breakfast. I thought I'd try to make Monday breakfast more special than any other week day. So, we had pumpkin spice pancakes (a mix) with maple cream spread on them & cool whip on top of that. YUM. Also had clementine oranges.
I told the kids it was up to them to help keep the house picked up & the sink empty. My goal was to keep the sink empty & so far it's gone well. Even with deer butchering going on!
So, I'm very pleased with how today went. The baby makes the most mess & isn't old enough to pick up much, but I got her to put some books back on the shelf & push in chairs. Everyone's schooling got done, some extra house cleaning got done & a little Christmas decorating, too. It was a good day!
I can certainly relate to this! Anytime we get busy outside the house, things get behind in the house, and it's stressful. Away days are bittersweet, at this stage of life.
ReplyDeleteSweet post! Sweet Mama!