I am SO enjoying the Christmas season. We have less money to spend on Christmas than ever before, but I'm enjoying it so much more! We're making so many fun ornaments & went to our homeschool group's Christmas craft day. Everyone that goes brings enough supplies for about 20 kids to make a craft at your table. The parent stays at the table & helps the kids. All the kids go from one table to another to make the crafts. They flit from one table to another & visit with each other. Everyone also brings a snack to share. I brought a craft that didn't involve glue, so it was very laid back & easy for me.
This week has been super cold & snowy & windy. I'm hoping the weather cooperates for this weekend. Tomorrow we're going to a Christmas Cookie Exchange party w/ 14 other homeschool families. So, today we're baking over 100 chocolate covered cherry cookies. :)
Saturday we were invited to go Christmas caroling!! It's in a little town & we're going to go house to house and sing with several other families. I have never done this before & am extremely excited about it.
Sunday we might be going to a horse trainer's open house (Hannah went to a barrel racing clinic there recently) and then in the evening we're going to the Christmas Cantata at church w/ another family. We've been to that church before, so we already know several people there.
These are the Christmas activities that are my favorite!! Plus, the crafts-we've done crafts almost every day with Christmas music playing in the background.
Plus, there's Christmas parties to go to for Hannah's 4-H group & Teen Council. The one for Teen Council is being held here, but in January. Well, I'll write more later-there's so many things I need to catch up on with my blog. We were very sick for about 5 weeks (flu, bronchitis, pneumonia) and that is partially the reason I haven't blogged. But, my reason for blogging is so I can read & remember these special days raising my children, so I need to get back in the game. LOL
Glad you and yours are on the mend for your flu.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it a blessing when you have the true spirit of Christmas in your heart, not being all wrapped up in the commercialization of it? Once we figured this out we've had such wonderful Christmas's and truly a time of building of our family relations and memories.
Glad to see you back, we missed you :o)
Blessing from,
The Never Done Farm
Love this post! Five weeks of illness with a big family really takes it out of you. Bless you for your positive attitude!
ReplyDelete