Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jonah Monah Trombonah

Strange title, I know. This is what we used to call Jonah when he was much smaller. LOL The boy could use a bubble wrap suit. And a safety sheild. Especially since he's very accident prone and also drawn to dangerous occupations such as dirt-biking, building things w/ power tools, hunting, skate-boarding, skiing & snow-boarding, etc.

I am SO thankful the Lord is protecting him. I just know God's got a legion of angels around him-he's escaped injury so many times. Here's Jonah studying for the Hunter Safety Course.

Here's treebranch hooks that Jonah makes & sells. He cuts down saplings & uses the branches, carves the bark off, cuts the backs of the branches off & mounts them to pieces of wood:

And here's Jonah last week after his ER visit after he cut himself with the knife while carving out the knotches of the treebranches:

13 stitches. In his words, "Mom, I'm going to have such an awesomely cool scar!" I'm just thankful he didn't lose his thumb. My husband jokingly said, "well, you don't need ALL of them." And he just missed a tendon. What a scary experience that was-lots of screaming (the little girls started screaming, too) & blood & a fast trip to the hospital. One of the nurses there said they make special gloves for people who use knives a lot-turns out our butcher uses them. So, I told Jonah he can no longer make his hooks until we get him a pair. You know what Jonah asked the doc after the 9 shots of lidocaine kicked in? He asked if he'd be able to shoot a gun in 2 weeks for turkey season. I couldn't believe it. Turned out the doctor hunts, so he was very understanding.

The ER doctor was great. Jonah brought him a set of his hooks 2 days later-we took them to the ER. I thought that was very sweet of him to want to do that. And then we took off for our trip to visit family 5 hours away. The baby tripped on the steps of my grandma's house & cut her eyelid on the railing-bloody, but no stitches needed. sheesh. Padded rooms & bubble wrap suits for everyone!! And tums for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Holly! OW Jonah!!! Yeah, that will be a very awesome and cool scar ;)

    ReplyDelete