Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Butchering Party

Susanna (6) took a shallow pan of frozen water out of the freezer. Turns out she put it in there the night before to make an ice skating rink for her polly pocket dolls. I thought that was pretty innovative. :) She's also in full Christmas present mode. She's been busy sneaking into everyone's rooms, taking something she knows they like or maybe even need more of & then wrapping it for their Christmas presents. It is so hysterical to open up things on Christmas morning that we already own. This is her third year doing it & when she stops I'll miss it! She hasn't figured out what to wrap for Daddy yet. She was going to take a pair of his underwear to wrap, but she said she couldn't because there was only 1 pair left in his drawer. LOL! Silly little girl-I just love her. And here she is getting potatoes out of the bag for me in her own original way:

Yesterday we had so much fun with 2 families that we have been getting together since only 1 family had little kids. Now their kids are all in college! The cool thing is that their college kids came, too. Haven't seen them in about 3 yrs-only seen their parents. It was like old times. We were gathered to butcher 2 deer. It's very much a party atmosphere all gathered around the butchering & wrapping tables. Some working, some just visiting.

Here's Alyssa "helping" label packages of venison:

I made a really cool craft earlier in the day-pretty easy & they look beautiful hanging from one of the beams in our house. Here's a link to it: Paper Christmas Stars They are absolutely enchanting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I love seeing what your children are getting up to! Those girls have GROWN!!!
    I could SO do a butchering party! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete