Today was kind of long. My dh stayed home from work sick, but he still had to do barn chores for the farm he helps out at & then went to the chiro. He was so sweet to take the kids to latin class & then pick them up. We had taken my vehicle to get snow tires, so we had 1 car for the day & he didn't want me driving on the icy roads. While the older kids were gone, I did crafts w/ the little girls. Susanna brushed glue on a Christmas tree stamp, peressed it on colored paper & then sprinkled different color glitter on it. When they were dry, we glued on tiny pompoms for decorations and then cut them out to paste to square cardstock. They turned out really pretty.
Alyssa painted with water colors. She wasn't content to just paint on paper, though-she also had to paint most of her face & her hands. She has been getting into so much mischief lately. She also took the batteries out of the remote & filled the hole with yogurt!
Hannah gave Alyssa a bath for me & Susanna wanted to take one, too, but I said no as I wanted to do her reading lesson & math with her. So, she thought if she painted her face she'd get to go in the tub, too. But, instead of using water colors, she used a stamper pad-her face was a nice bright Christmas red color. She did not get a bath, but got disciplined & then had to have her face scrubbed to get the ink off.
Jonah is having trouble with fractions-subtracting mixed numbers. He's frustrated with the borrowing from the whole number & adding to the fraction if the top fraction is too small to subtract from. In his frustration, he was giving me a bit of attitude-grrrr.
After math, he went outside for awhile to cool off.
We made Peanutbutter Blossom cookies for Christmas-put them in the freezer. One kind down, a few more to go :)
I think today we're going to start the Names of Jesus study & put each name on pieces of paper strips to make a paper chain to drape on the tree. We should have started this earlier, but I forgot about it. Here's the link:
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article1679.html
We've done this before, but it was awhile ago. I think the older kids will get more out of it this time.
I hope that your husband feels better! Those cookies sound good and I think you have helped me decided on another cookie for our upccoming baking day!
ReplyDeleteHope your dh is feeling better. Being sick is no fun. Sounds like y'all got a lot done. I would love to see pics of your ornaments.
ReplyDelete