
LOL-I have picked up the "ish" lingo from one of my daughter's friends. For example if I ask her how she's feeling, she might say, "fine...ish." So, this is a journal...of sorts. Not everything of the week is in it. So, on to the highlights of the week:
In my life this week...
We're finally beginning to feel better!! I'm not awake at nights watching children breathe. After a month of sleeping on the couch w/ kids, I got to sleep in my bed again. The funny thing is after the first night in my own bed I had a sore neck. Hannah hurt her knee at a sledding party that was held here for her 4H Teen Council group(that was fun). Our chiropractor fixed her knee up after 1 adjustment. I love him! Unfortunately, he can't fix my dh after 1 adjustment. He sent my dh for an MRI 2 days ago. He has 3 herniated discs in his neck & needs surgery. He's not going with the traditional surgery, though. We're hoping to do laser. He's having a consult to find out. Please pray!In our homeschool this week...
The older kids are behind on schooling due to the extended illness. They've spent the week catching up on Science & Math. I am working on quarterly reports for 3 children tos end into the school district.Places we're going & people we're seeing...
Latin class, art class, piano lessons, grocery shopping, skiing/snowboarding tomorrow, church & hippology on SundayMy favorite thing this week was...
Some cute/funny things from my little girls:* Susanna was running around the house with just a skirt on. She said she without a shirt because "my body just needs to breathe!" :)
* I made Buttered Rosemary Pan Rolls last night. Susanna looked at them & said she likes her rolls without thorns. :)

*Alyssa hit Susanna & I was trying to get her to apologize. She was refusing to do it at first. I explained that she needed to be sorry for hurting her sister. She looked at me with a frown & said, "But...I'm not." LOL! She did say she was sorry eventually & gave her a hug.
*Yesterday I was going to pick up the older kids from latin & wasn't paying attention. I drove right by the house. Alyssa(2.5) yelled, "Mom, stop! The house is back there!" I can't believe a 2 yr old is telling me how to get places!! ;)
And, a fun thing I've discovered is how to sew snack baggies. Here's the link to it-it is super easy & fun: EASY SNACK BAGS

What's working/not working for us...
Well, the whole "getting it all done" thing isn't working too well for us, but I guess we need to make allowances for that (with a little bit of internal frustration on my part) with the illness. :) I am very excited that I have found a tutor for my 12 yr old for spelling. Every curriculum I have tried has not worked for us. The tutor is also their Latin teacher & she isn't going to charge very much.
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
Can't think of any new ones...just the old ones like how to keep forward momentum going & get organized & fit everything in. It's either a clean house & nice meal day or a good school day...and the never the two shall meet. Would love to find a way to make them meet, though-wouldn't that be a beautiful blend? LOLA photo to share...

Just stopping by from THMJ.
ReplyDeleteWhen you figure out how to have a clean house, nice meal, & a good school day, please let me know!
Stopping by from The Homeschool Chick. Those rolls look yummy! I am glad everyone is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the Homeschool Chick. Sounds like you have quite a bit going on right now. My children were able to try skiing/snowboarding for the first time when we visited family at Christmas. Now that's all my 15 year old talks about.
ReplyDeleteHope the spelling tutor works out for you. Sounds like our experience when my boys were learning to read- nothing worked. :( Don't want to throw another curriculum at you, but we've had great success with the material from AVKO which is the adult program of Sequential Spelling - If it is to be, it is up to me.
I love your photo! What a sweet shot... funny how they can always get to what they want. I love your snack bags, too. I'm your newest folower -- coming from The Homeschool Chick. Stop by and say hello!
ReplyDeleteHolly! I lost track of you...used to follow your blog awhile back when we were both HomeschoolBloggers...I think that was you, right?!? :-) I just stopped over from the Homeschool Chick! This is my first time to participate in the Homeschool Mother's Journal! Stop by!! I'm here now....
ReplyDeleteStopping by via the homeschool mother's journal meme. Just wanted to say hello. Love the photo! Cute! The rolls look yummy! I'm going to have to try them out!
ReplyDeleteDitto to Yara's comment. And rolls with no thorns- too cute. I'm visiting from The Homeschool Chick's link and am following your blog now.
ReplyDeleteThose rolls look really yummy!
ReplyDeleteThe "getting it all done" thing isn't working here either :)...still trying to figure out how to keep up with science and history...and keep the 4yo occupied so the 9yo and 6yo can actually do their math :)