Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Wonders

What a great weekend we are having!  It's so nice to be healthy again...why do I take it for granted?  Yesterday my older kids went skiing/snowboarding.  Pat took Alyssa on errands for a couple hours.  So, I baked bread & made maple granola.  Also helped Susanna with messy crafts that we can't do when Alyssa is in the mix. 
4 loaves of yummyness!  The recipe is from the urbanhomemaker.com  I ground the wheat for these.
Susanna's craft was making a Valentines mobile.  I cut hearts out of the numerous plastic lids that don't have containers with them (how does that happen??), punched holes in them & then gave her glue & craft materials:
We also did an experiment that I do with each kid around this age.  We put milk in a bowl, she added a few drops of liqued food coloring (doesn't work with the gel) and then put 1 drop of soap in it.  The colors explode & keep moving for awhile.  It's so cool!  This time we used raw milk & I noticed that the colors didn't explode quite as much nor did it go on for very long.  So, we'll do it again with store milk to compare the results.
Ever since December I have been making felt food for the little girls' kitchen set play.  My most recent project was tea bags.  I had to learn how to do a blanket stitch for this & I am so addicted to it now.  I want to blanket stitch everything!  If only I had a needle that never ran out of thread!  That's the part I hate-rethreading & knotting. ;)  But, anyway, I so love how they turned out:
 Felt Tea Bag Tutorial
Today my dh & son are ice fishing.  It is Jonah's first time doing this & I am so excited for him!  I get so excited for the kids when they get to do fun or new things!  They're fishing for pike.  Hannah has Hippology & a Horse Drill team meeting today & then we have company coming over for dinner-the people that my men went fishing with.  They're neighbors of ours & my dh goes on fishing tournaments with them in the summer, too. 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a busy but happy life, it's nice to do crafty things with the kids. I have been following your blog for a while now, you are welcome to follow mine as well. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete