
*In my life this week...
Been working on our schedule & trying to get back into the swing of things after a long period of illness. It felt like we were getting our groove back, but now things are up in the air again. I think my dh & I will have to leave for a week for his back surgery. My MIL will be here. So, this weekend I'll be making a menu plan, buying what is needed so she can do easy meals. Also need to get together an assignment list, a list of chores that everyone is responsible for, pack for myself, do laundry so my dh can pack for himself. Need to arrange for people to pick up my kids for certain functions they are involved in, etc. Need to try & prepare for 6 people!! I feel a little frazzled. Also need to finish quarterly reports to send to the school district before we leave. Praying that this helps my dh & that the pain he has will go away. He's a very active man with several projects & it's been hard seeing him like this. Also: I had a bit of a scare. I was making whipped cream while my oldest dd was making a pie. My son touched the pie plate & burned his finger so I gave him silver cream to put on it. Whipping the cream caused some splattering, so I'd wipe it up with my finger & eat it. Unfotunately, my messy son also got silver cream on the faucet handle, which looked just like the whipped cream...sooo, I wiped it up with my finger & put it right in my mouth. YUCK & YIKES!!! I was a nervous wreck. My dh was on his way to the chiro, so I asked him to ask if I should be really concerned. He called me back to say, "Tom says you WILL die...but not from that." LOL-they are so mean to me! How do these things happen to me? And, I have a pleased moment. Normally the leftovers around here get left too long in the fridge & then spoil. I managed to make crust for 2 pies & then put together a chicken pot pie & a beef pot pie-and then put them in the freezer. It feels so good to know that there are a couple meals in the freezer! *In our homeschool this week...
We've had a pretty good school week-got a lot done & had some fun. One of my dd's HS friend's (Jekara) was here for an overnight. She brought her schoolwork with her. She did our morning table routine with us-Bible reading, memory verses, fallacy detectives, Aesop Fable & discussion thru all of that. We learned about the fallacy, equivocation & a very interesting silly conversation ensued. The fallacy example was about apes, dolphins, people...and the equivocational word was intelligence. Jonah said, "it's not like apes can say 6X=pi...even though I have no idea what that means." Jekara said, "I'll do math if I get pie." Hannah said, "it would have to a lot of pie!" It was so funny. And then I made them all figure out Jonah's made up equation. LOL Here's a pic of Hannah & Jekara doing their schoolwork:

*Places we're going & people we're seeing...
Latin class twice, grocery shopping, chiropractor, son went snowboarding at Greek Peak w/ a friend for his friend's birthday, to friend's house for a snowboard leash my son left there, to video store to return late movies, to the vet for the guide dog puppy's first shots. Art class was cancelled due to snow.
*My favorite thing this week was...
Alyssa gets constipated if she has too much dairy. So, we're always trying to keep that in balance. Every day when she poops it's a celebration for her-she runs around telling each person in the house that "my poop came out!" Well, she said this to Jekara, who didn't know this. She laughed so hard & it made the rest of us laugh so hard too. We were so used to hearing her say this that the hilarity of it didn't touch us. It did that day!
*What's working/not working for us...
I discovered iknowthat.com & love it! It's good for grades pre-K thru 6th grade. It costs 6 dollars/month, but I think it's worth it. Plus, if we get tired of it, we can just cancel it. :) Here's Susanna doing it:
My son, Jonah, really liked the punctuation paintball game. That was right up his alley & he's remembering his punctuation & capitalization much more! Another thing I did with him was have him write a review on amazon.com. He really thought that was cool. So, now he'll write a review there for each book he reads. *Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I'm thinking I will find a basket to keep on the table full of books we don't necessarily need for school subjects, but that have great educational & fun value. It seems if they are on the shelf, they're not getting looked at. It will be the centerpiece on the dining room table instead of my pretty candles. And I'll switch the books every so often.
*A photo to share...

Hannah doing biology with little Miss Imp playing peek-a-boo. ;) Here is a bit from a poem called "Under The Roof Where the Laughter Rings" : Ok-back to my quarterlies. Just have 1 more to finish up!
It sounds like a busy but fun week! Your "poop" story was very funny! Thanks for the laugh! I hope everything goes well for your husband.
ReplyDeleteWonderful to read that you are all feeling better! Alyssa is such a cute :)
ReplyDeleteIck on the silver cream...hehe1 I think I would have worried a lot, too.
It sounds like your children have that sense of humor like your husband. A week filled with laughter sounds wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun week! It sounds like you all had an interesting one. Love the photos of your girls.
ReplyDeleteI love the books in a basket idea, and YUCK on the silver cream!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have been still praying for your husband. I hope that the treatments were helpful.
ReplyDelete((Hugs))