This is what I overheard while I was in the shower. Susanna (6) and Alyssa (almost 3) were playing dress up in the bathroom...since that is where I was. :))
Susanna was explaining to her little sister that she would be the princess & Alyssa would be the stepmother. Alyssa is always the princess, so Susanna thought they should take turns. I peeked out of the shower curtain to see how this was going to develop.
As it turns out, it didn't go over well. At all. Alyssa exclaimed at a decibel to break the sound barrier. "I'm the princess!!"
Susanna patiently explained that someone had to be the stepmother & it was her turn. Alyssa crossed her little arms over her little chest & with a thunderstorm in her eyes shouted even louder, "Well, I"M the princess!"
Susanna was frustrated, so I said, "why can't you both be princesses and there doesn't have to be a stepmother?" Alyssa immediately turned sweet again and said, "ok!" and pranced off in tutu. lol
Too cute! I always love to hear my little girls playing together. The things they carry on conversations about always tickle me :)My boys are right the opposite...if they are together they are usually making car/monster truck noises and can play together for a hour without ever saying a actual word...just noises..:)Hope you have a great Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteSo funny! I can't believe she is nearly 3 already!!!
ReplyDelete