Friday, May 6, 2011

What a Week

It's been a rough week.  I haven't felt much like blogging or writing on FB.  Anyway, I feel like I'm on the other side of some of the nonsense...I think.
I had 2 doctor appts, an abdominal sonogram and an x-ray.  Everything was negative. Now I have a referral to a specialist & next up is a cat scan w/ dye.  
It's been a week of high anxiety & lots of calling to the Lord for help, which He has. 
We're also finishing up state testing for the older kids this week and all my kids are getting ready for a barrel racing competition.  Alyssa is doing lead-line for the first time.  She's turning 3 on her first competition.  I am so excited for her!  She loves it so much she screams & laughs around the whole barrel pattern.  It is so funny.  And then she doesn't want to stop. lol  Right now they're all making "speed beads" that the horses wear around their necks to help them keep rhythm while they're going fast.  Only my 15 yr old will be hauling butt, though.  Jonah will canter, but it will be a controlled canter as he's still learning all the technique involved and the horse he's on is our youngest & he's not ready to go super past yet.  Susanna is doing the pattern at a trot on her pony. 
Last weekend Hannah & Susanna rode horses in a 4H ride-a-thon to raise money for the American cancer society.  That went really well & was a lot of fun.  Don't know how much money they all made yet.
Yesterday morning Alyssa (almost 3) came down the stairs and asked me excitedly if Jesus was coming today.  It was so cute.  Made me think I should be expectant like that.  Is today the day?  Is it?

1 comment:

  1. Prayers being said for your health. I'm sorry that you have been having to undergo so many tests.

    Have a blessed Mother's Day! ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete