Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Alyssa Convos

More Alyssa-isms to remember.  :)
a) Hannah was driving (she's got her permit now!!) and she drives a little slower than I do.  Alyssa spoke from the back seat: "Hannah, are we almost home yet?" 
Hannah: "no, Alyssa...but we're getting closer."
Alyssa: "well, come on, Hannah, I've got things to do!"

b) Hannah was braiding Alyssa's hair in front of the bathroom mirror & was being chatty.  Every so often, she'd pause braiding while she talked.  Alyssa looked at her in the mirror with a very serious expression & said, "Hannah...focus."  LOL

It's hard to believe she's 3 sometimes...especially now that she is finally done with the pacifier!  woohoo!  She had an incident with the scissors.  First, she cut a little of her hair, and then she cut the nipple off her paci.  I don't think she realized it would be permanent & I couldn't fix it.  She was pretty upset, but I saw an opportunity.  I told her I was so sorry, but that was the last paci we had (although, I'm sure there are more lost all over the house-I found 2 so far) and since she was such a big girl, that was it.  I wasn't buying anymore of them.  Her older sister, Susanna (7) took the broken paci & threaded it on some string with beads hoping to make her feel better.  It did & she wore it all day long.  The next day, she didn't wear it & there's been no more mention of it!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa is a hoot! Oh to have little ones like that again. Thankfully my big girls keep me in stitches too. It's good she has given up the paci now, it gives here more opportunities to share her good humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute sayings. :)

    ReplyDelete