Friday, April 12, 2013

Jesus, Take the Wheel

It's been quite a month.  I'm just going to sum it up:

My grandmother's dementia has gotten much worse to where she was becoming violent.  She lives with my Aunt Sue 4 hours away.  They decided to put her in an assisted living facility, which no one wanted to happen.  It's kind of thrown me for a loop.  She is the only adult that was a rock for me while i was growing up & now she thinks I am a child (and that I am not me because I'm too old to be her grand-daughter) & doesn't remember my husband or my children. 

 My 17 yr old daughter got into a car accident last week.  Thank God she is okay.  Someone 3 cars ahead of her decided last minute to make a left hand turn without using their signal.  The 3 cars behind them stopped without hitting anyone (including my daughter).  The car behind my daughter did not stop.  They hit our car, which was stopped, going at least 35 miles/hour, which made our car go under the car in front of it.  So, thank God, really, that my daughter is okay other than banged up a little.  My husband was home & he went to the scene.  When he showed up & gave Hannah a hug, she fell apart, but he took care of everything & helped with the scene.  He's a cop, so that part was no big deal.  Hannah said he was like her knight in shining armor. 

My vehicle, however, is totaled.  I haven't seen it & my husband wouldn't even let me see it.  he said, "let me put it this way-the middle of it looks fine."   lol...I can laugh about it now.

So, now we're vehicle shopping, which is not great timing for us as it was paid off & we're starting a business, but...my daughter is unharmed, praise the Lord. 

Right after that happened, we all got sick, one by one...a really nasty sickness that lingers in the chest.  My husband is the last to get it & even came home from work sick today.  He rarely gets sick & he never uses sick time, either.  

So, that's what up in a nutshell here.  I'll end on a funny note.  We invited our neighbors for dinner on Easter.  My husband told them to make sure they were wearing comfortable clothes because I had made a lot of food...he said, "we're casual here & have our fat pants on."  LOL   

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot happening. So glad that your daughter is ok. What a blessing that your husband was home and could go help. Sorry about your grandma, that has to be hard. I hope you all feel 100% soon. :)

    JoAnn
    http://wgcreates.com/josjourney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this friend! But Glad to hear about your daughter. and Sorry about the grandma. Will be praying that you feel better soon.

    Blessing,

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma has been in a facility for a few years now due to her aggression and dementia. It's really tough. She doesn't talk much any more. I am sorry to hear life is hectic these days. Glad your daughter is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot to be dealing with at one time. (((Holly))) I'm sorry for all that your grandmother is going through. Demetia is an awful thing. :-( Glad your family is safe and feeling better. Hoping that the rest of the month is calm.

    Hugs
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! I'm so glad She's okay!!
    And your hubby made me laugh. I'd appreciate the warning, if I were coming to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless you and your family!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete