Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An Interesting Day

Last week I had a day that I wanted to journal, but didn't get to, but I don't want to forget it, so...

     My husband called me in the morning after he had worked the night shift & was getting ready to work day shift, too.  He said he'd had a really sharp pain in his chest and then felt dizzy afterwards, but would call the doctor's office when it opened in a couple hours.   Of course, I said, "nope...you need to have someone else drive you to the ER right now."  He actually listened to me, which scared me, because if he wasn't nervous, he wouldn't have.  They did blood work, started an IV, did an EKG and a chest x-ray.  Everything came back beautiful & they said he appeared healthy as a horse.  They came up with some possibilities as to what happened, which 2 of them seem plausible.  

     I was very happy for good news, and even though I remained calm at home with the kids for the whole morning that the tests took, I was scared.  He's been good ever since.

     So, we go on with our day, get schooling done and then Jonah and I went to the highschool to get working papers for him as he's gotten a part-time job.  While I was gone, things were going on behind the scenes that I was unaware of & the plans had been in the works for a week.  I had an idea something was going on because Jonah said something odd that didn't make any sense to me, but he wouldn't elaborate. :)  This is what I saw on the door when I came home:


 Danielle is Hannah's best friend and she was at our house.  Her grandfather brought her over so they could do this for me since they've both been so busy lately.  She's spent a lot of time with our family over the years & is like another daughter to me.  So, we went to dinner at PF Chang, which I had never been to and we had so much fun hanging out and eating dinner, then walking around the mall to shop.  Plus, the girls paid for dinner!  It's pretty cool having older kids in your life :)

The next day on facebook, I found myself tagged in a picture she took of me and her that I didn't know she took.  I wish I had knows, I would have looked at her phone & smiled :)

 This is what she wrote with the photo & it made me cry:

 No, she's not my mom. But yes she is always been there for me like a mom. She's my second mom :) I don't know what I would do without her in my life and I hope she knows how important she is to me. I don't know how she does it, 4 kids of her own and she still welcomes me into the family arms wide open ready to hug me when I need it, listen to all my problems when I have them and give me the best advice I can get. I may tell her I'm fine, but she knows me better than that and still wraps me in her arms and doesn't let go:) if Hannah and I have a crazy idea, she's ready for it too:) thank you for everything you have ever done for me, and that's a lot. I can't say enough about how much you mean to me ♥ 

Here's my response, which really isn't adequate...

 Oh, Danielle...words fail me. I'm crying & I can't tell you how much it means to me to read this...You are another daughter to me & I'm so glad you've become a part of our life & family. I LOVE yours & Hannah's crazy ideas & that I get to be a part of them often. I also love your family & that they share you with us as much as they have...and that your family includes Hannah & has welcomed her as part of your family, too! I can't imagine what your papa thinks about what you two talk about in the truck! LOL And, it's so sweet that your Nana always has "Hannah Food" in the house-:) I love talking to you & listening to you & you don't think I'm too weird (even though I know I am-lol). Having 4 kids has not made it hard to include you at all...the cool thing about love is that it multiplies...and you are an incredible blessing in my life & to our family. We have so many wonderful memories and there's lots more to have-more laughs, more crazy singing & more of all of us girls making Pat & Jonah crazy!

You know, sometimes we have no idea we're doing anything important at all...<3 font=""> 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a sweet day and what she wrote. So glad your husband is ok.

    JoAnn
    http://wgcreates.com/josjourney

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that your dh is alright!

    What a sweet time with your dd and friend. :-) I know that made your heart happy!

    ReplyDelete