Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Long Day

Phew-yesterday was a whirlwind. I'm actually glad it's over. My dh got a doe yesterday morning around 8:30, but then he didn't get home until 11:30, so I was irritated. Maybe if he didn't have to go into work at 3:00 it wouldn't have bothered me, but with his new work schedule & overtime, I've not seen him much. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Hannah & I went to the store to get ingreds for things we had to make for her 4-H Christmas party. First, I had to get the baby down for a nap. So, we ended up having 1 hour to get to 2 stores & get back home. She & I talked about hopefully someday being able to go somewhere and take our time! LOL

So, we got home and set to work making 6 loaves of Italian bread and 2 pans of brownies. I had bought chicken patties to throw in for dinner, but forgot to buy fries, so like a hair-brained nimwit, I decided to make home-made fries. I SO wish I bought the fries. I couldn't find the cord for the fry machine & began to wig out.
I should explain that my nephew (dh's sister's son-he's 24) was here for the weekend hunting. Normally, I wouldn't have made dinner-we would have just eaten whatever. So, I felt the need to make dinner.
So, as I was obviously stressing out w/ mounds of dough rising all around me & Hannah slinging brownie mix all over the kitchen, Zak began to make fun of me-he's very good at teasing. He told the kids to calm down before I turned into Holly Manson. The boy is a one man comedy act-it totally diffused my frustration and I began to laugh thru all the chaos & commotion. Susanna was riding a broom all around the kitchen island in her undies, the dogs were wrestling & everyone was eating french fries out of the same big pan. (I finally found the cord). I set the pan down and said, "here ya go-we're going to eat like wild dogs tonight-grab and growl." LOL

Well, the bread all got done and the brownies were all made. Unfortunately, my kitchen is a disaster and both sinks are piled high with dishes. Why am I here on the computer? Because I don't want to face the dishes, that's why! LOL

1 comment:

  1. I so know what you mean about being on the computer when there is a sink full of dishes.
    How did your Italian breads turn out?

    ReplyDelete