Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blue Thistle Book sale

I thought I'd pass on this sale since this homeschool bookstore is closing it's doors Dec 31. I'm so sad about it, but the sale is nice. They have great service, too. Here's the link in case the link above didn't work. I'm having problems posting pics & links:

Blue Thistle Books
The lights on our Christmas tree weren't working too well, so yesterday I got replacements and now the tree looks beautiful. I also got lights for the front porch-those pretty hanging down ones. I just love Christmas lights!


Susanna was thrilled because we got to decorate the tree again. We had to take everything off the tree to take off the old lights. Susanna was upset at first and asked if Christmas was done already. LOL


It is snowing here right now & we're all cozy in the house. We did some family reading earlier. All the inside & outside animal chores have been done & did a little house tidying up. Right now the kids are listening to a book on CD-"The Winged Watchman." It's about WWII. It is excellent. I've been reading a book called "The Greatest Generation Speaks" by Tom Brokaw. It is extremely insightful into the lives of people living during WWII. It's their stories in their words. The first book is called "The Greatest Generation."
(I know the titles should be underlines, but can't find the underline key)
I'm going to have my 2 older kids read these books.

While they listen to the story, Hannah is putting timeline people back on our timeline as I had to redo the whole wall of lines. Jonah is building bridges & Viking ships with K'nex.
Well, the baby just woke up-gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks great!! I am envious of your snow. We have a gray but warm day, and I want some Christmas snow!

    ReplyDelete