The other day I thought to myself, "I wonder if Susanna knows that we live on a planet called Earth. And does she know the names of coins?"
I don't know why those thoughts popped into my head, but I asked my little 4 yr old those things and she had no idea. When asked if she knew where we lived, she said "at home."
So, I got out the globe and a poster of the planets revolving around the sun and we talked about it-it was a fun conversation, she asked a lot of questions & she seemed to get it. Then we went over the names of coins-which she doesn't remember yet.
The next day while I was feeding the baby, it seemed like a good time to review. So I said, "Susanna, do you remember what planet we live on?"
She looked all shy at first, then gave me a big smile and said, "Yes-Noah's Ark!"
LOL. Back to the drawing board. I had her get the globe for me. Then, she said, "Oh, yes-it's planet Earth. That's just like my verse! In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth...Genesis 1:1."
Well, I guess she remembered the most important part, my smart little girlie!
In Jonah news: He was outside playing when he came in all huffing & puffing and telling me he was tired-in case I didn't notice something was up. I asked him what he was doing out there and he said he was helping Dad.
***ding, ding, ding-warning bells!***
I asked him what he was helping Dad with and he said he chopped down a tree 5 " in diameter and cut it & split it for firewood. Phew-sometimes helping Dad gets downright scary. But, I had him call his father at work to make sure he should be cutting down trees. Turns out Pat wants those trees to grow up & get bigger first. LOL So, he went out to split wood that was already cut down.
I was quite productive yesterday. Other than the normal stuff like school, dishes & laundry: The farrier came to give all the horses pedicures, so I helped Hannah with that. We discovered that we need to take the pony (Tootsie Toes) away from Casey(3 yr old gelding) for a little bit each day. Casey was raising quite the ruckus when the pony left for his turn-he even kicked his stall wall a couple times-naughty toddler-horse.
I made yogurt, worked on sewing diapers (I'll post pics when they're done) and made baby food.
For baby food I soaked millet for several hours, then simmered it until done, then ran it thru the processor w/ organic applejuice & home-made applesauce. I also made pears & bananas. I love making baby food-it feels good to know I'm putting healthful food in Alyssa's little open birdie mouth. LOL
Today, the kids have gym class, Susanna has dance class & Hannah helps out at the riding stable. So, we'll be on the move today. Thankfully, dance & gym are at the same place.
No comments:
Post a Comment