Our snow is starting to recede a little bit!!! Yeah! We can see grass-except it's not too pretty. It's brownish w/ patches torn off from my dh plowing, trying to find a place to move the mountains of snowbanks. There's also lots of dog poop-pretty picture, huh?
Anyway, I'm encouraged.
The chickens have been able to wander around outside the last couple days and this morning there were 5 eggs to gather instead of 1. Woohoo!
The calves are moved out of the pony's stall & into a large calf hutch & an enclosed outdoor pen-they seem very happy outside. They can also see some of our other cows from there & seem to really like looking at the big cows.
Today, I watched a neighbor's baby who is 5 months old. Alyssa(almost 10 months) didn't know what to make of it, but she didn't much care for me holding the other baby & every time Lindy had a toy in her hand, Alyssa tried to take it away from her.
I got something new this week. I've been wanting to get babylegs every since Susanna was a baby, but didn't. Well, Alyssa crawls around like a little bulldozer & these babylegs are doing a nice job saving her knees & making diaper changes quicker. She doesn't like to be changed. As soon as I start to lay her down on the table (and before she even touches it) she starts to arch her back & scream. So, here she is getting into mischief, but don't these babylegs look adorable??


Jonah is finally starting to progress from chords to short songs with his guitar. He really enjoys playing & I enjoy listening. Hannah wants to learn also and here is Jonah teaching her. He felt very good about being able to teach his older sister something for a change.
Well, I'd better get going. I need to do a couple things outside before Alyssa wakes up from her nap.
Well, I'd better get going. I need to do a couple things outside before Alyssa wakes up from her nap.
Oh, those babylegs are the cutest thing ever! And I don't just mean the fabric covering the legs... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wonderful, visual update! We're currently getting about 5 inches of blowing snow, and I am wishing my husband didn't have a meeting tonight...