We didn't have any plans this weekend except to have dinner with some neighbors. But, boy, did our weekend end up being full. My had worked Friday night, so was going to sleep until noon. I was reading a book called Brady to the kids. I got up for something & saw 3 beef cows on the side lawn-one of them chomping away at my raspberry bushes.
I said, "oh no-some of the cows are out. Hannah get some grain in a bucket. Jonah, go see if there's a wire broken or down." Jonah also ran up to get Pat, who came down bleary-eyed w/ just 3 hours of sleep.
The kids hearded the cows back while Pat did the whole feeding routine so they could hear it and want to come back. It went pretty smoothly.
Then, some friends pulled in the driveway & came in to chat, which was fun. As they were getting ready to leave, one of the neighbors called because his truck was stuck on one of the seasonal roads (they're unplowed). He had been coyote hunting w/ some friends & they got stuck. Pat drove the tractor there to pull it out.
When he got back, he did some errands w/ 2 of the kids while I got a dish made up to bring with us to our neighbor's house for dinner. That was a lot of fun.
Sunday was all messed up. We had planned on going to church, but one thing after another was going wrong-the chicken waterer broke, the water pump for 2 of the pastures was frozen & then the dogs wandered off while everyone was feeding animals & noone noticed. They were missing all day. We were driving around every couple hours looking for them. My dh had to go to work in the evening & they still weren't home. Around 4:00, a strange vehicle pulled in the driveway & a very nice lady came to the door & asked if we were missing 2 beautiful puppies because they had them at their house tied up. I started crying. She & her dh had been driving around looking for their owner & one of our neighbors told them it was us as we had stopped their earlier to see if they had seen them. They were 2 roads over. I can't believe they went so far.
I was so thankful for these sweet people-they really went above and beyond. I am going to make them some homemade bread today in appreciation.
I am so thankful for good neighbors.
What's that saying about the best laid plans of mice and men...? Isn't it amazing that when we have so little planned we get so incredibly busy? You sure had a full weekend! I'm so glad your puppies were found, I would have cried in relief too! Hope all the other issues are sorted out too.
ReplyDelete