Today Jonah was walking Alyssa in the stroller outside. It turned into a 4WD excursion thru mud puddles at high speeds. LOL She apparently loved it until the stroller tipped forward & she got covered in mud. Wish I had gotten a picture, but forgot in the melee of crying & mud flinging. LOL That's all for now!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
All sorts of Tidbits
Lots to talk about! First, my men (husband & son, 11 yrs) took a plane trip to Idaho to go elk hunting w/ friends. They were gone for 8 days. They didn't get anything, but they had a blast. While they were gone, Hannah had a horse show w/ Casey (below). He's been back from the trainer for about 3 months or so and they did fantastic. They won several ribbons as well as winning Grand Champion for 1 division and Reserve Grand Champion for another division. He was such a good boy & I'm so proud of all the hard work Hannah has put into training him. He's a 4 yr old palomino quarterhorse.
Here's a pic of my dh & Alyssa on the tractor. It was a day of moving hay & sawdust. Alyssa loves the tractor, the 4-wheeler-just about anything that moves. :)
In this pic below, Hannah was in a skit for 4-H teen council. She's sitting at the table in the middle. They did a great job & was very funny. It was also 4-H achievement night. She was givin an award for doing well at the state fair hippology tournament & won 33 dollars, too.
Here's Susanna (on the right) & her friend, Brooke. We've had a lot of extra kids here lately to play. These 2 love playing dolls & doing crafts.
Here's a craft that Susanna & I did together. We cut the branch out of a paperbag and glued real leaves to it. Then we covered the whole thing with modpodge. I totally love modpodge!
We've been doing lots of leaf art-I love Autumn! This weekend is a fun one. We had 3 extra kids here yesterday. 1 extra kid here today that is riding w/ Hannah & there's 2 parties that they're both going to tomorrow. One at the stable they help out at & another one for 4-H. Hannah helps with the therapeutic riding lessons at that stable.
Today Jonah was walking Alyssa in the stroller outside. It turned into a 4WD excursion thru mud puddles at high speeds. LOL She apparently loved it until the stroller tipped forward & she got covered in mud. Wish I had gotten a picture, but forgot in the melee of crying & mud flinging. LOL That's all for now!
Today Jonah was walking Alyssa in the stroller outside. It turned into a 4WD excursion thru mud puddles at high speeds. LOL She apparently loved it until the stroller tipped forward & she got covered in mud. Wish I had gotten a picture, but forgot in the melee of crying & mud flinging. LOL That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Modge-Podge! I haven't used that in ages, and I've got some out in the studio. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like wonderful fun, Holly. I love that sweet picture of your DH and DD. Precious times.
~Faith
Hi Holly!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found me too. I love how cute your blog is and can't believe how big your kids have gotten...guess time does that, huh?
I also must say that I appreciate your late-reader post. I was just getting to share our experience with that too. It's nice to know we are not alone.
Kathi
Hi Holly,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment; it's good to reconnect!
I love autumn too! My favorite!
Blessings,
Andrea :-)
Sounds like a great time for everybody. Cute leaf art.
ReplyDeleteI love the tree! This coming week in preschool we are on L, and I was going to have Noah do a fall tree with fall leaves :D
ReplyDeleteThat leaf pic is awesome! Autumn is totally my favorite season of the year!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know that I started a new blog with fictitious names. I won't be using "The Counting of Blessings" anymore. I'll be writing under the name of Christine, instead of Pam. I wanted to do a better job of protecting my family's privacy.
ReplyDeletewww.guidancefromfather.blogspot.com