My Susanna is going to be 7 on Sunday. She is such a sillyhead kind of girl...I just love her!
Anyway, we were working on the "Attentiveness" Unit in Konos yesterday & were discussing what kinds of jobs require that character trait especially. We talked about air traffic controllers, surgeons, detectives.
She told me she knew what a detective is and then told me why it's important that they are attentive...here's her little narrative:
"...well, it's good for a detective to be attentive because if they're walking along with someone and that someone wanders off and comes to a river and then thinks to themself, "I'd like to dip my toes in that cool water." And they don't know it, but there's a big waterfall with a strong current and then they get sucked into the river and carried off...and then they run into a sting ray and get into trouble. So, detectives need to pay attention."
I said to her, do you know what a detective is? She said "no." But, then, I already figured that out, and so did you, right? LOL
She also thought the word concentrate means to smell nice. So, after all that, she did learn what a detective is (she really should watch more TV, I guess-lol) and what concentrate means.
For her birthday she wants to get her ears pierced. Friday evening, I'm going to take her & her sisters to the mall to ride the carousel, get her ears done & get a treat to eat. She doesn't know we're doing this because I have been noncommittal about the ear piercing. I'm pretty nervous about it, and am glad my older dd can come with us to hold my hand. LOL
Friday & Sunday my husband & son are going on a father/son retreat at church camp-there'll be a speaker, good food & lots of fun things for guys to do-paintball, shooting, archery, tons of games.
My oldest daughter & a friend of hers is going to spend Friday night to Saturday with my MIL going to a retreat with Jennifer Rothschild speaking & Kathy Troccoli singing. I was supposed to go, but wanted my dh & son to go to the retreat & wanted to be home when Susanna woke up on her b-day.
Sunday the girls have a horse show. I hope to make a bunch of cupcakes to bring with us-it's always fun to do that. Alyssa had her 3rd bday at the horse show in the spring. It was her actual day, too. :) So, it'll be a busy, but fun weekend. Here's a pic of Susanna on Red, our new Nakota pony:


Your dd is adorable! I hope she has a fabulous birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your stomach is feeling better soon too! I understand the challenges of changing your diet. We are doing that here with gluten - and also watching carbs/sugar for my diabetic. Its worth it though when you feel better isn't it?!
(((Holly))) Hugs on having a high schooler. Its a different time in life - good in so many ways. It is a lot more work though! I know my dd has a lot to do too. (And yes, those books are expensive!)
Hoping your week-end is filled with joys and sweet memories!
Hugs
Leslie