Thursday, September 15, 2011

School's Going

We're working our way back into a school schedule...it's going so-so presently.  Life keeps getting in the way-LOL.  It certainly does have a way of doing that.  Plus, I don't have all the curriculum for my oldest daughter.  Hoo boy, highschool curriculum is expensive!  And, of course, my vehicle had to fall apart right when I was ordering.  800 dollars worth of parts for the car.  So, I still need Latin, History & Chemistry for her.  So, for now, she's getting a really good jump start on everything else.  We're also taking advantage of the fact that Apologia has all of Module 1 online as a sample.  So, she can work on that until the books get here.  Should be able to order next week.
The other two children are moving along with their lessons.  Susanna is finally starting to get the hang of stringing words together.  Second late-ish reader in the family.
I'm a bit frustrated with neighbors/friends who keep asking me or Hannah for help during the school day.  Hannah has a job in the evenings, so she really has to be diligent & work hard to get her schooling done & also some riding.  So, she really doesn't have much free time...I don't even like to ask her for help around the house.  Her highschool work takes a lot of time.  Or when people ask me for help...I really want to help, but I already feel behind & like one or more of the children are getting short-changed by me.  Sigh.  So, we are going to have to get much better at saying no...even though we are home, we are busier than beavers & don't have time.
I'm also frustrated by the never-ending laundry & dishes...but I'm preaching to the choir here.  We all deal with this.  When your kids live in the house 24/7, there's lots more living going on in the house & more mess to deal with.  I did find the bottoms of the sinks this morning-that's a plus!  ;)
Another thing is I'm having stomach issues again.  I decided to cut out meat, carbs & sugar.  Also all processed foods.  This is more time-consuming, but I'm noticing some improvement.  I am eating salmon for meat, though.  I actually targeted my diet to be what a person with a gallbladder problem would be on.  It seems to be making a difference...that an a lot more exercise.  I'm dropping pounds pretty quickly, actually.  I went down a size in 2 weeks.  So, that is very good news!  :)
We have 2 more horse shows for this season.  I'm sort of glad, but also sort of sad.  We have so much fun at the shows, plus that means the end of summer.  That & the fact that the farms near here are chopping corn :(
Bare corn fields is a sure sign that summer is done.  I love Autumn, but Winter follows...and our winters go on and on & never leave gracefully. ;)
I know I don't sound like a ray of sunshine, but I'm being real here ;)
I did make some delicious-smelling pumpkin muffins today...I can't eat them, but they smell good!  Yesterday we made pumpkin pie for my dh's birthday.  I have a recipe for pumpkin scones I'm going to make soon.  Love pumpkin and apples!

1 comment:

  1. I SO hear you on the house mess. I'm so sick of trying to keep the house 'show ready'. The realtors just don't get that we LIVE here, 24/7. I don't go off to work and the kids don't go off to school, we are here all the time and we are busy people who make messes in our busyness. :p

    I hope you're able to say no. It's a good lesson to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete