Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

For the last 4 yrs we've been celebrating Thanksgiving at my best friend's house.  Her husband & mine hunt together in the morning (and now the boys do, too) and I meet them all over there with the dishes I'm bringing.  It's always a special day.  Yesterday, the guys hunted, we ate dinner, read our thankful cards, the guys hunted again & all us girls went for a 2 mile walk.  When everyone was back, we had dessert & visited for the evening.
Our favorite part, though, is reading the thankful cards.  Everyone writes their cards out ahead of time & then the 2 Dads read them out loud.  I want to share Alyssa's thankful card.  She's 3, so I wrote it for her, but I wrote down exactly what she said...

     " I'm thankful for Jesus and God and birdies and our road.  I'm so happy that I'll get to see Flower in Heaven someday! (this is where I said, "who's Flower?")  Oh, it's the dead bird we found in the sandbox, but wait till you see her in Heaven-she has a brand new body!  I'm thankful for Mommy & Daddy.  Daddy is so handsome and I'm going to marry him.  I'm thankful for Jonah and Hannah and Susanna. And Freya, Pixie...and tattoos.  I'm thankful for the kittens and the horses-Copper, Red, Casey, Tootsie Toes, Retro, Slugger and Bonnie-Oh, but Bonnie died.  And Hopster-we found him dead on the rocks.  (who is Hopster?)  It's a baby kangaroo.  (oh? lol)
And Jesus is thankful for me!"


Such a funny girlie!  <3
I hope you all had a wonderful day of giving thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving and what a cute card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    I pray that you had a lovely day of Thanksgiving filled with an abundance of blessings!

    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete