Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Fun at Home

I've been quite a grinch this month.  I love Christmas, but I hate the advertisements, the materialism, etc.  Every year I say I want out of it, but don't quite know how.  We don't buy a lot for the kids, but it still seems like too much...and of course, everything is overpriced, as always.  ugh.  
But, we have been having fun with crafts & Christmas music, even if we still don't have snow. 
We made gingerbread playdoh that smells absolutely heavenly and is a real treat to work with & stores well.  


Susanna made a pie with her batch (each girl made their own batch)

 My MIL helped Susanna start knitting a Christmas scarf...or something.  I'm not sure what she'll make it to be yet.  She changes her mind frequently. :)

Her kitten, Max, likes to be into everything she's doing.  I thought she was pretty brave to try & knit with his help. LOL  He sure is cute, though!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet smelling fun! I can almost smell the scented playdoh :)

    ....off to rest more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That playdough looks like fun. And yes, knitting with a kitty around is not always the best thing to do. Sarah likes to knit, I'm more of a crocheter myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete