Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Few Funnies

Susanna is sick, but asked to do history...we're learning about ancient civilizations-the Minoans. After reading about it, here were their questions:
Alyssa: What was Archimedes' last name & how did he not know he was naked when he ran out of the house??
Susanna: Are my ears made of cartilage since they're so bendy? You know, sharks are all cartilage.
And how does this pertain to the Minoans? It doesn't! ;) lol



 Alyssa was playing with her stuffed animals & dolls and I heard her designate one of them as the appraiser. I asked her if she knew what that was & she said, "yup...it's someone who prays for others." :)


 Pat called the house & had an interesting conversation with Susanna, who had developed a curious French accent:
"Hi, Susanna, can I talk to Mom."
"I'm sorry, sir, but you have the wrong number. This is Dunkin Donuts. Would you care to place an order?"
"I'm not in the mood for donuts...can I talk to your manager?"
"The manager is in the shower at the moment...but you can place an order." (giggling)
"Ok, I'll have a boston cream donut and coffee...and please have your manager call me when she's out of the shower."
"Ok...thank you for your order!" (giggling) LOL!



 Starting to get a little nervous...lately, every time I leave the house, Alyssa says,"Bye Mom, love you, I hope you don't get in a car accident!" And the other day Susanna said,"Mom, when you get old and have a stroke, I'm really going to miss you." I said, I'm going to have a stroke? She said, "well, if not that, then a heart attack for sure." LOL!! I sure hope not! :)


 I think my wife, Holly Manns, needs to go on a mid-semester home school mom bender...any of you moms who want to join her let her know...   (said by my husband to make me laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment