Monday, November 5, 2012

I've Been Seriously MIA

...and I promise to get caught up...I can't believe how much I've not posted here...there's been so many things going on that I don't want to forget!

But, for now, I am asking for help.  My daughter, Hannah, is running for Miss Teen Rodeo NY and needs votes for the people's choice award on facebook. 

It's been a very educational experience-she's had to write a 300 word essay, a 150 word biography, a 2 minute speech, fill out an extensive application (experiences, community service opportunities, competitions, accomplishments, etc), have a photo shoot and design a freestyle horsemanship pattern that she rode on her horse that I recorded.  Saturday is the pageant-she gives her speech then.  We had 13 days to get this all pulled together-it's been wild :)
She's very active in 4H in many leadership positions, volunteered for 2 yrs with a therapeutic riding organization for the handicapped/disabled, trains horses with a professional trainer for 3 yrs (in exchange for experience-and he actually gave her a roping saddle last week as a thank you), competes in barrel racing, pole bending, ranch rodeos-cow sorting, break-away roping, goat-tying, team-roping and a little bit of western/english,
She started the ranch rodeo stuff this summer & loves it.  She's joining the Interscholastic Equestrian Assoc this week to compete at colleges with other highschoolers this winter.  She's learning reining through this, too.
She's very accomplished, but humble.  She was asked to compete & told them no because she didn't think she was qualified enough. They asked her to reconsider, so she did.  I think I am most proud of the fact that she voted for all the contestants except for herself.
She's been homeschooled from birth & is in 11th grade right now.  Now that you know a little bit about her, would you mind voting for her?  She's up to 530 likes.
If you'd like to share the contest on your walls, please do!  Just make sure you share her photo from this link, then ask people to click the photo first before liking it because if they like it at your wall, it won't count.

Miss Teen Rodeo NY 

Thank you so much!  I am so proud of her.  She's such a hard worker and is so kind and helpful to everyone, even when not asked. People have been sharing so many wonderful things about her with all this voting going on-some of it I didn't know about, some of it I forgot about.  It just makes me feel like maybe I'm not screwing up too much in the parenting department to see that she's making an impact in people's lives. Everything I read just makes me cry in gladness & thankfulness!  Whether she wins or loses the title, she surely wins in her life and in the Lord.


1 comment:

  1. What an exciting experience for her! She's so sweet and works really hard at what she does! ;)
    Hope she wins!!!

    ReplyDelete