
I took this picture 3 weeks ago. The kids were looking up at a flock of snow geese flying overhead. We had our best sap season yet. We got a gallon of syrup. The water content of sap this year was very high. It's usually 40 - 60 gallons of sap to make a gallon of syrup, but we boiled down 80 gallons of sap!
No wonder it's so expensive.
The snow is now all gone & the sap buckets are put away. The grass is starting to green up & grow a teeny tiny bit.
Our next project is well underway. My dh & the 2 older kids cleared out a large area behind & to the side of the barn to put in an outdoor riding arena. The trees were cut, pulled out w/ the tractor & farm winch and then we borrowed a friend's bulldozer so my dh could level it all out. I wish we were fencing it in for a pasture-we could use more of that.
This is a labor of love by my dh for our oldest dd, Hannah (13) and her horses & 4-H showing endeavors.
Well, I smell a suspicious odor coming from my crawling baby- I better take care of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment