Everything is going up-gas, food, hay, feed for the animals. A friend of mine in Australia says she pays over 5 dollars for gas. I guess that should make me feel better, but it doesn't. I read somewhere that it's odd how much gas fluctuates, since we have enough stockpiled for about 50 yrs. My husband & I were talking about it & we both said, where is the help that was supposed to come from the stimulus plan? Where? I've seen absolutely no evidence of it.
As for "Hope & Change"...I have hope in the Lord & that is sufficient (thank God). I have HOPE that the Lord will CHANGE me into a new creation. I have no faith in any other kind of hope & change-that's just lingo designed to tickle our ears...if you actually believed it.You know, people look at facts from their own perceptions, their own "reality", their own world view. We can look at the exact same facts...yet come to completely different conclusions.
Another thing that irritates me is how some people denigrate those who watch certain news channels. So, if I don't agree with you (and I would do so respectfully), then you should ridicule me or anyone else? How do you know that one news channel is more accurate than another? Don't you realize that the news is just a bunch of talking heads telling us what they want us to know with a whole ton of editing...and a huge chunk of sensationalism thrown in? How does ridiculing each other foster unity? It seems there's more division now then before. Now, I don't watch news channels as we can't afford satellite TV anymore, but if I were to watch the news-any news channel-it would be with a huge dose of salt. I don't believe anything I hear or read anymore. My husband is a cop & he used to laugh at the local news. He was often present at what they were reporting on...and what they said was rarely what actually happened. Huh?
Also, I don't want help from the gov't. I can take care of myself, thank you very much. Don't tell me what kind of insurance I have to have, what I have to teach my children, how I am allowed to discipline them, what kind of windows or lightbulbs I must buy. Those new-fangled lightbulbs? uh, yeah-they've got mercury in them. But by the year 2014, that will be all that's available since the gov't knows what's good for us. All that nonsense about cow flatulence-total crap (haha). And I heard that "they" want to stop people from heating with wood-partly due to the smoke from chimneys (give me a break), partly due to loss of trees. Hellooo-trees are our biggest renewable resource!!
My husband wants to start a butcher shop. We'll be doing it on our own with our own sweat & blood because we don't want the gov't telling us how to run it. A friend thought they were being helpful & looked up gov't grants & called us. He said, well, there's nothing for white men-only for women or minorities. So, you could put the business in your wife's name to get a grant. Discimination, much? It also seems that it's completely acceptable, even trendy, to discriminate against Christians. Here's an interesting, but scary story about a sweet couple in England who was told they can't foster children anymore because of their Christianity:
"Will Christian Adoption Be Banned?"
I also keep hearing about poor "Planned Parenthood"-they need help...well, yes, they do need help, but not the kind they think they need. In my opinion, any good they might do is nullified by the inherent evil they support. Also a friend of mine told me that their take on sexuality that they gear towards school children is very scary-she's had experience with them when she was a student nurse. Really, read the following links & even do a search-there's so much that is wrong with this organization. Should we overlook it for some services they provide that you can get at a regular doc's office, health clinic, urgent care, prompt care or the ER? They are the nation's largest provider of abortions-that is what they are known for.
exposeplannedparenthood
exploitation of girls & women
I saw a blog button somewhere of an unborn baby (NOT fetus or clump of tissue) that said, "Pretend I'm a tree...and save me." That made me want to cry. Are trees more important than babies? There was also a quote with that button that said, "It seems that everyone who is in favor of abortion has already been born." (Ronald Reagan) How incredibly profound.
And I am amazed by women who are mothers that support abortion. How can you have had a precious baby grown inside of you, feel the flutterings & hiccups & think it's ever ok to kill one??
You know, my mother was 16 when she had me. I could have been aborted. My children would never have existed. Their children would never have the possibility to exist. How twilight-zone-scary that is to me. Because of me, she & my father got married & had 10 years of a bad marriage, she didn't get to finish highschool, but did eventually get her GED & it took her forever to get a driver's license. But, I am SO thankful that even though her pregnancy with me was so inconvenient & so changed the direction of whatever plans she may have had, that she did have me...that she did not kill me. She had the perfect scenario to do so-young, unmarried, still in school, you know?
You may not agree with me, but that's ok. We can agree to disagree & I will respect your point of view if you will respect mine & not ridicule me because I'm a Christian and sometimes watch FOX news at other people's houses who can still afford TV and agree with the Tea Party sentiment.
Wow, I feel better now-I needed to get that off my chest. Now I can go back to posting about homeschooling & homesteading.
P.S. This is my personal vent. If you don't agree with me, please don't try to convince me of the benefits of PP. Nothing will change my mind, I don't agree w/ killing babies whatever the circumstances. And I know that if you are strongly in favor of it I won't change your mind. That is not the purpose of this post. Only God can change hearts & I'm so thankful for that.
To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan
Love it!!! Every single bit of it...love it!!!
ReplyDeleteWhile I agree with much that you wrote, I do take exception to the defunding of Planned Parenthood. Abortion is not the only purpose of PP. They provide much needed medical help such as breast cancer screenings, pap smears, ovarian cancer screenings, as well as birth control for low income women. I believe in helping women make wise choices, not denying them any choice.
ReplyDeleteI didn't mention defunding them. Thank you for your respectful comment-I don't usually see calm responses on this subject. :) There's so much more that they do that you may not be aware of. I added a couple links & a google search would turn up many more.
ReplyDeleteBravo! couldn't have said it any better, thanks for your honesty, it's VERY refreshing and gives me hope that all is NOT lost :o)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kelle
So agree with you. The only "planned parenthood" my kiddies will be learning is from me at HOME being led by example and having a open honest relationship with them. How scarey it is for me think some stranger is telling our kids about such things. Loved your post.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to meet you! Thanks for visting my blog and commenting. We agree on so much, most importantly that people don't have to agree all the time, but they must be respectful in the way they disagree! Hugs to a sister in thought!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to be reading your writing. Thanks for your link and for your friendship. I can't agree with you more about everything...
ReplyDeleteWith the supposed healthcare credit...we got a $300 (annual) credit for our business. Our personal health insurance costs alone have gone up more than $300 (every month), not to mention added expenses covering our employees. And our tax return got delayed because of that one deduction...the IRS had a glitch with their electronic system for that deduction.
We don't do cable or satellite. There is so much unsavory on there anyhow that you have to inadvertently watch. But, we use Netflix for movies and shows and watch news through our internet connection.
www.basketflat.blogspot.com