Monday, February 19, 2024

Not Really About Birds


 I put up the birdfeeder a few days ago and yesterday they discovered it. I've been thoroughly enjoying watching the woodpeckers, tufted titmice, juncos, chickadees, grosbeaks and nuthatches. Watching these little cuties feels like seeing old friends that I have shared cherished memories with...I'm the only head in the window looking out at the feeder these days except for when I call my last teenager over & she obliges me <3

It's been a couple years since I've hung this feeder (this is an older pic)...I always fed the birds for the benefit of my kids and counted it as nature study, but I was missing the birds...lo and behold, I enjoy watching the birds just for me :)

I'm nearing the end of our homeschool journey and I've been floundering a bit, wondering what I like and what makes me happy.  I've loved motherhood and homeschooling very much and it's grown me into a much fuller person that I was beforehand. Like I said a couple posts ago, raising humans has made me a better human.  But, I've been feeling a little out of place...it's kind of like being in between two places, and a kind of discovering as well, like being more found. Maybe it's more of a self-awareness since I've been more focused on others rather than myself. All this rambling isn't really about birds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment