What is My Devotion to?

If I look at what my life revolves around, what am I devoted to? That was the question posed to us at church yesterday. Some people's answers were jobs, sports or hobbies. Mine is my family & home...that's what my life revolves around, that's what I'm devoted to. Alyssa & I had some good discussion about this. The sermon kind of aligns with some things I have been thinking & feeling...I am nearing the end of our homeschool journey...I do have 2 years left, but...what's next? What would the Lord have me do? I know He will help me shift gears when the time comes. And, is there something more He would have me do now? It's a scary but exciting prospect. I used to be a Labor & Delivery nurse, worked part time until my 2 older kids were 4 & 6. I loved being a labor & delivery nurse, but loved staying home to take care of our family more. I don't know if I'd want to go back into the nursing field after being out of it for so long. Plus several of my friends are still nurses & they say it's a different world now in health care. And not for the better. But I am glad I have that to fall back on if needed. Presently, I have this day & this day only & God gives us what we need for each day...thank goodness. I just need to keep reminding myself of that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment