Friday, October 14, 2011
Some things we've done the last couple of days
We've packed a lot of things in the last couple of days. Alyssa loves this dot marker activity! So thankful to tot school for sharing her stuff! Here's the link: Tot School
This method of painting helped Susanna to understand pointillism. Fun!
These are a few science experiments we got from Biology for Every kid. I love this book-so far the only thing it's asked for that I haven't had on hand was a white carnation. The book explains what happens very well. I do have to bring it down to Susanna's level of understanding, though.
We also did a really cool pinecone hygrometer experiment that came in my email from HomeScienceTools. If you click the link, there's also a link on that to a worksheet to draw the before,during & after picture of the pinecone.
This one I took because at the end of the day I realized how much art & science we did and how little housecleaning/tidying got done. Jonah & Susanna made cookies amongst the rubble of books, papers, my planner, coffee, pots & pans, etc! The cookies were fantastic! It's called Pumpkin Cookies with Carmel Frosting.
Paper mache projects-a piggy bank that was painted pink. The balloon was painted to look like the earth.
And here's Alyssa doing her favorite thing: painting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment