Friday, March 1, 2024

Legging Up


We hauled 4 of the horses to a friend's arena last week to work them. Our outdoor arena hasn't been very amenable to riding in with the weather. Thankful we have this option when we need it & that they're only 15 minutes away. Rodeo & polo season will be here before we know it & these guys need to be in shape to avoid injury. Two of them have been going to breakaway ropings through the winter so they're pretty good. The little one on the end is only 2 so she just gets light work. There's 3 more but they've done nothing but stand around a round bale all winter lol...we'll get to them later. They're all a little older than this group & don't compete as much as they used to, but they still do to a lesser degree. I'm super proud of all the work & time Alyssa is putting into these guys. She usually has her sister's help but now that she's moved across the country, it's just her.  I'm not a good enough rider for the competition horses. I'm probably not even good enough to trail ride, but one of our horses is patient enough, and a little lazier than the others, to tolerate me lol. Two of these horses will be leaving in a couple months to stay with my other daughter, so we'll be down a couple, so it'll be less work soon. I'll miss them though, almost as much as I miss Susanna <3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment