My brother texted me out of the blue. He heard a song that reminded him of me. It was a song by Air Supply that I listened to when I had a broken heart about some boy. My brother teased me a lot during that time & over the years he's occasionally mentioned that song & that time period. It wasn't funny when I was 16 but it's been funny ever since because of my brother's awful rendition of the song & his dramatic "theater production" of me pining over this boy lol
I texted back and said, you know, every time I hear that song, I think of you. I don't even remember the boy...but I remember my younger brother singing that song to me, mocking me & sounding like a dying cat. He said his name was Chris. The name doesn't even ring a bell...I guess he wasn't worth crying over! But, tell that to a 16 yr old girl...she won't believe it. She learns the hard way, sadly, just like every 16 year old girl from the beginning & until the end of the age.
I'm glad my brother texted me when he had this memory...I should do that with people more often than I do. It's nice to be remembered and to know about it too.

No comments:
Post a Comment