Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Home Made Egg Noodles

 My youngest daughter wanted egg noodles instead of rice with dinner but I didn't have any.  So I decided to make some. It was actually pretty easy & very good as well!




Why did I go to the "trouble" of making them instead of just using rice? I told her I didn't know if I had the time or the ingredients to make it and she said, "that's ok mom, rice is fine!" Thankfully, I had the exact amount of eggs needed & the recipe didn't look difficult. 

She's my last child at home & I know soon I won't be able to do things like this for her anymore. But, also, one thing I've always tried to do through the last 28 years of parenting is to say yes whenever I can & no when I have to/need to. I've been able to say yes way more than I needed to say no, thankfully...they are my best yes in life, after the Lord. She loved them, appreciated the effort it took & it made me happy to do this for her! Posting the recipe as I always forget what recipe I used :

Homemade Egg Noodles - I Am Homesteader

I'm inspired to make more kinds of pasta, buy semolina flour and would love to get a pasta maker eventually. I remember watching my grandpa making ravioli by hand at the kitchen table while my grandma made her sauce. I already use her sauce recipe (I had to watch her make it & write down what she used & her method but it still doesn't taste as good as hers did)...so I'm going to try ravioli next.

No comments:

Post a Comment