Be very careful, then how you live –
not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity,
because the days are evil.
Therefore do not be foolish,
but understand what the Lord’s will is.
Ephesians 4:15-17
I just love these verses-it really makes me think twice about how I'm spending my time. Speaking of time-I don't know how we're going to fit in everything that needs to be done today! My dh is home today & it's always busy when he's home-lots of projects to do!
We got a foot of snow since yesterday, so he's got plowing to do & pushing back the snowbanks also. We bought a new horse, so we're hopefully bringing him home today. Hannah plans to ride him at the stable before we bring him home, though. He's a 5.5 yr old quarterhorse gelding named Copper.
My dh is such a sweetie-he had errands to do and took all 4 kids with him so I could have some time alone with quiet & no interruptions. I am so thankful to him for being so thoughtful. I have lots to do, so this will be a quick post.
Later, the 3 older kids have gym class & after that Susanna has dance class. Then, my dh plans to take the 2 older kids skiing. Eating today will be "grab and growl." I'm making hamburger soup & biscuits so that people can eat when they are hungry.
I hope somehow to get some seatwork in, but the day will be full of living & learning, so if we don't, it's okay.
This week the kids & I read the "Voice of the Martyr's" magazine. I've read it myself & Hannah has as well, but we read it as a family this time. It was difficult. I cry every time I read the magazine. Jonah got angry. It's such a strange thing to have the freedoms we do and to be able to get an inkling of what it must be like for people who aren't allowed to have a Bible or to be Christian. How can you undestand it that a non-Muslim person is be beaten & burned for touching a Koran-even if it was an accident?(it was inside a backpack & the woman who touched it did not know it was inside.
It's so important to pray for presecuted Christians all over the world. We found out that we can make up "Action Packs" that will go to persecuted Christians in Pakistan. The kids are really into doing this. I also ordered the free kids newsletter at their website, Kids of Courage.
Check out the Susan B. Anthony List to make your voice heard on the Mexico City Policy, ERA, CEDAW, CIANA, USA dollars funding forced abortions in China, the bailout for planned parenthood, abortions being covered under health insurance & human-animal hybrids.
Please visit-it took me under 5 mins & then share this info with someone else, ok??
No comments:
Post a Comment