Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goings-On & Ravings (Rantings, too)

This week I got some great deals from the thrift store. I got 6 pairs of pants & several shirts for Jonah, a few shirts for me, an outfit for the baby & an adorable shirt for Susanna. I just love that store!!
I also got myself a couple organizing things from Staples. I got a spinning organizer to keep on my counter-where the pile of stuff usually is. It holds everything-pens, markers, erasers, paperclips, rubberbands, scissors, the hole punch & has several slots for papers, computer disks, etc-whatever. I LOVE this thing. It fits my needs perfectly. Especially for the miscellaneous papers that need to be filed, but that I haven't gotten to yet.
I also replaced the chaos of calendars that was hanging on my fridge. Check it out. We all especially love the little blue round magnet that you move from date to date. My favorite part is the total lack of clutter.


The chart under that is Susanna's chore chart. We just started doing that this week and she really likes it. I asked her if she was going to put a sticker on Tuesday for picking up toys and she said, "No, Mom-I didn't keep my toys picked up all day, so I didn't get a sticker." LOL! I was pretty proud of her for that. She & I have been a good team cleaning up & cooking. I organized some of her craft things in nice neat containers. Here they are (in cartoon form) in use:



The kids kept me busy w/ running them here & there-hippology class, gym, dance, the horse stable, guitar lessons. Susanna's dance teacher invited Hannah to try out a class, which she did. I was surprised as she has not shown any interest in it, even though she took dance as a preschooler. She enjoyed it!

Yesterday the 3 older kids helped Pat get trees out of the woods. Pat cut down the trees, Hannah & Jonah ran the farm winch & Pat dragged them out with the tractor. Susanna rode the tractor. Jonah & Hannah rode the tree! LOL They really enjoyed that.

My heart has been so heavy hearing that Pres. Obama has lifted the ban on using our tax money to fund organizations around the world that perform abortions. I am shocked at how quickly he is "remaking" our country (yes, that was our newspaper's article title-gag). I literally sat on the living room floor holding my 8 month old baby and sobbing to think of murdered babies and that money from my husband's paycheck is helping to pay to kill them. It makes me physically sick. The only consolation I have is that those poor little ones go right to Heaven. I watched the movie "The Silent Scream" a few years ago-it will haunt me forever.

I am terrified that partial birth abortion is going to become legal in our country also. How can ANYONE think this is ok under any circumstance? Just reading the procedure as to how it is done is awful-it's the worst script for a horror movie there is. Jonah says it's worse than the vikings(who were considered barbarians) that used to throw monks off of tower walls.

I pray God has mercy on our country. Here's a blog post that I think is right on:

Just What We Asked For

I tell ya the truth-I can't stand to open my email anymore. It is full of updates of terrible things going on-the above topic, rising persecution of Christians around the world (the only religion not tolerated in this age of "tolerance"), and government abuse-well, that's been going on forever.
Did you hear about how a governor wants to tax soda, but not diet soda? He thinks it'll help fight obesity. I don't need the gov't telling me what health is that's for sure. I don't drink diet soda because of aspartame-a very dangerous chemical. I don't drink regular soda either, though because of the sugar. Anyway, the gov't idea of health surely isn't the same as mine. We really need a whole lot LESS gov't. I'm really sick of all the ridiculous things that we get taxed for, too. I don't think Boston Tea parties will work anymore, though, unfortunately.

I'd really like to stick my head in the sand or hold my hands over my ears and sing "lalalalalala." I'd really like to feel that the gov't really is looking out for our best interest-but it most certainly isn't. It's not the save gov't that started this country. Where are the George Washingtons, Nathan Hales, John Adams, Patrick Henrys or Abraham Lincolns? I hope they are somewhere raising up some that will run for office-but then, they'll get railroaded by the media, right? I pray that God helps me to raise children that stand up for what's right-even if it costs them something, even if they have to sacrifice-even if it goes against hollywood, even if it's not popular-ESPECIALLY if it's not popular. I don't ever want my children to be mainstream-I DON'T want them to fit in.

My belief is that if my children fit in to this Godless society, than I am doing something drastically wrong. Sure, we are IN it, but we are not OF it. My children have been experiencing some Christian growing pains because of this, too. It's hard, but it's good. That's another post-maybe.

Anyway, I'm done ranting and I feel better. I'll end on a good note. I think I have finally found a good devotional book for me. I have looked and looked and the other day I thought to myself, "I wonder if Elisabeth Elliot has written any?" (she is my hero of women)

Sure enough, she has. It's called A Lamp Unto My Feet: The Bible's Light for your Daily Walk
Here's a quote I read from The Homeschool Minute:

"I don't want my children fed or clothed by the state, but if I had to choose, I would prefer that to their being educated by the state." - Max Victor Belz

Oh! I almost forgot! Here's another good quote & then a link to an amazing Christian man. The quote below reminded me of the movie. My 13 yr old was so touched by this youtube-she cried watching it-it inspired her & encouraged her greatly. He is now one of her heros. Here's the quote:
". . . the measure of your life's accomplishments is not in the number of failures but the tenacity of your spirit . . . Your distinction is not in the fact that you have failed. Most, if not all, people fail at some point. The distinction will be when you get back up . . ." - David Shibley
And here's the movie:

A Giant of a Man

No comments:

Post a Comment