We've been passing around sick germs here the last few days. Of course, I am sick for the longest of us all-doesn't that figure? I am just so thankful that the baby got it very mildly-since she's not getting anywhere near the amount of breastmilk that I wish she was getting-you know, to pass on my immunity to her. Now, Pat is sick & I am still sick, but getting better.
Somehow, we've still managed to get some things done. We got the Christmas tree & all the decorations down & put away. It's so pretty for awhile, but shortly ater Christmas, it turns into a lot of clutter that starts to drive me batty.
We're also working on everyone getting up earlier to get the outside animal chores done so we can get school started earlier. The baby has gotten to a point where she is occupied with toys for longer periods of time so we can get more done than before. That's a relief. I would so love to just sit and play with her all the time, but the pressure of reporting to the state gets at me, you know? LOL Seriously, I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about what we haven't gotten done for school.
Can you believe it-we have too many books! I never thought I'd say that, either. How can one have too many books? Well, when one does not have enough shelves and the books are in piles all over he house, one has too many books! When a certain 4 yr old uses the piles of books to create horse jumps and build houses, one has too many books! LOL
So, using my twaddle-o-meter, I am culling books. I've gotten thru half of one bookcase so far. It feels good!
What state are you in? Are the requirements stringent or do you just stress yourself out? :)
ReplyDeleteI can relate to the too many books. I thinned a ton when we moved a little over three years ago and the bookshelves are all overflowing again.
I am sorry to hear you have been unwell. It seems that we are battling flu here too.
ReplyDeleteI admit we have too many books but how can we part with them? We might need them :)
Get better soon!