Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Ant & The Grasshopper

I thought I would tell Susanna a story and teach her a lesson about being a hard worker at the same time. You all know the story, right? The ant works during the summer & stores food for the winter. The grasshopper plays all summer & has no food and dies.
So, we finish the story & Susanna is shocked that the grasshopper dies. I explain, well, he mocked the ant for working and didn't do any work himself and then come winter, who turned out to be wiser? She said the ant.
I asked her if she would want to be the ant or the grasshopper. Without hesitation she said, "the grasshopper!"
I reminded her that the grasshopper died. She said, "I know."
I said, "so why do you want to be the grasshopper then?"
She said, "because i want to see God and Jesus!"
Well, I was rendered speechless. The girl gets me every time. LOL

1 comment:

  1. A sure sign you're one great Momma! Always love your blog designs!

    ReplyDelete