Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Great School Week

It was a full week. We got a lot of schooling in, but also a lot of playing, too. Hannah even took 2 days off, but then she made up for it Thursday & Friday. Monday night she went to another HS friend's house to spend the night & spent most of the next day there. Then, Wednesday, my dh was driving tractor trailer for a friend & took Hannah along with him. He usually takes Jonah, but this time Hannah got to go & she really enjoyed having uninterrupted time to visit with her Dad.

The kids got the whole series of Liberty's Kids for Christmas & they've been watching it the last couple weeks. (We don't have cable or satellite) So, yesterday Susanna(5) was telling us she really likes George Washington & we all agreed with her how wonderful he was. Then she said she really likes Benedict Arnold, too. Jonah just about popped his eyes out of his head as he said, "But, Susanna, he was a traitor!!" She smiled & said, "I think he's handsome." I don't think she knows what traitor means after we explained it. I got curious then & asked her why she liked George Washington. She said that she thought he was handsome, too. LOL!! I laughed, Hannah rolled her eyes & Jonah just looked disgusted. :)

On Thursday the farrier came to trim our horses' feet. The pony foundered a long time ago before we owned him & now apparently because of that he has something called Seedy Toe. Because it's very mild, the farrier told us that means his foundering was a very mild case.

Friday we did a lot of science. The older kids were making alkane, alkene & alkyne hydrocarbon compounds with the atom set. So, Susanna wanted to make some, too. I showed her how to make H2O molecules. She made a bunch of them, put them in a cup & pretended to drink water:

Then she made "dog" compounds. They looked like dogs, of course. LOL

Today Hannah went to the local horse stable to help with the therapeutic riding lessons there. She does that every week. Jonah had 4-H-they repaired a snowblower, worked on a compressor and a generator. He really likes this group & is learning a lot of valuable hands on skills.

I think that's all. I'm sure there was more, but I've had to leave the computer so many times to attend to things that I forgot anything else I wanted to say! LOL

3 comments:

  1. Hoping that spirit of boy-craziness wanes a bit. :oP

    What a terrific molecule set! You guys have been busy!

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always make your school sound like so much fun. ...and mine so very lame. LOL When we made water molecules, we used paper. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great school days as always!!! You are an awesome teacher :) Where did you get the molecules??

    Thanks for always being an inspiration!
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete