Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Memories Smooth out the Edges

A couple days ago Alyssa fell asleep on me while I was reading a book. Without thinking, I was about to lay her down & go on to the next thing that needed to be done, of which there were several.

But, I was so comfortable & I was enjoying having Alyssa snuggled on me that I decided to sit still and enjoy the moment. I am almost always spurring myself on to just do the next thing (as my favorite Christian lady author, Elisabeth Elliot, says). But, sometimes, the best thing is to enjoy the present "thing."

I prayed for my little girlie and gazed upon all her loveliness. She's normally a very busy & loud little thing. I took some pictures to remember:

Her sleeve is blue because her busy self had gottin into Susanna's markers & drew all over herself, including her tongue. :) When she's tired or goes to sleep she likes to thread her fingers in mine. Or she likes to take her pointer finger & poke it b/w my fingers-or anyone else she happens to be sitting with.

She grabbed my finger when I picked up her hand. I love the little dimples on her hand.

Here's a shot of her curly curly locks.

And another one.

Here's a very rare picture of me, the mother. Everyone always asks where I am in the pictures, but I am the one that always takes them. However, I now have 2 children (Jonah & Susanna) that like to take pictures of me, although I try to avoid it. LOL Doesn't she look comfortable?

Such a sweet little sleepy-head. So thankful for cameras-the only way to freeze frame moments to remember. Here's a really neat quote that I find to be true regarding my life & memories:

Life is a rough biography. Memories smooth out the edges.

~~Dante G. Roque

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! It's those special moments that are so comforting. Holding on and resting with our little ones. I'm enjoying every moment since I'm fairly certain my little one is our last baby for our family....so hard to write that, but my husband is adamant. I understand since going through a pregnancy with HG is VERY hard. I'm rambling...hehe!

    Savor the moments!..and it was good to see you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY special! A really good reminder to be still and enjoy those rare moments. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! I love holding my babies through naps, too. I should take pictures. My thirteen month old will be our last baby as well. You have lovely brown eyes. I have two children will brown eyes, but we don't have them and I don't recall any relatives that do. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those are some precious memories. Much better than any 'next thing'.

    Beautiful. Thank you for sharing them. (((HUGS)))

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete