It's been an interesting day. This morning Alyssa(19 months) was constipated & nothing was helping her. She was in a lot of pain & screaming. I had Hannah strip her down & put her in the bathtub with warm water. That did the trick. She was terrified of the 4 inch hard poop that came out, which I quickly scooped out w/ a latex glove. I emptied & cleaned the tub, then refilled it & let her play in there for an hour. She felt a lot better after that, thankfully.
Hannah told me it was so easy for her to do her French program while we were upstairs because the audio didn't pick up all of Alyssa's screaming & hollering. I guess that usually makes Hannah's lesson go longer because it says her pronunciation is wrong with all the background noise from the screaming meemie(she makes a lot of noise all the time). I thought that was kind of humorous.
Jonah has figured out what he wants to do for his public presentation for 4-H. He makes hooks from tree branches that are really quite nice. He's going to do his presentation on how he makes them, the tools he uses & what kind of tree branches work best. Hannah is doing her presentation on what we do raising guide dog puppies. And she'll be bringing our newest puppy, Fletcher, with her for that.
We got a good deal of schoolwork done, then we had to pick up some haybales & horse feed. The 3 older kids are outside putting sawdust in the henhouse & doing some horse chores, then they might ride. For the next couple days, we have a lot to do to get ready for Hannah's Teen Council sledding party here on Saturday. I'm a little bit stressed about everything that needs to be done to get ready, but it'll all get done.
Mini-Me does the Spanish program. She thinks it's persnickety - how it wants the pronunciation EXACT! and then add to that the noise of the boys. LOL We don't have another floor to send her to,though. I'm glad Hannah found her shelter.
ReplyDeleteHolly - congrats! You won the Ellison Die Cut giveaway from my blog. Can you e-mail me homeschoolingmyblessings@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteSo I can get your mailing address so I can mail you your prize?
Thanks!
Nicole