Today was going so smoothly, so perfectly, so wonderfully. I was calm, cool, love was the law of my lips. And then the children got up...
And we've been in the trenches ever since, getting down and dirty. The 19 month old into everything & needing training, the 5 yr old needing correction, my time & wanting to do what the big kids are doing, my older children needing help w/ math, Chemistry & grammar & wanting to do what the 5 yr old does (lol), dishes, laundry. I don't have time to elaborate more, but you all know what I mean.
My sweet husband left me a couple notes on facebook (which I hadn't checked & he called me to tell me to check it-he doesn't usually write on there), he left me girlscout thin mint cookies in the freezer & apparently there's a surprise that he's cooking up for me as he called Hannah & has been conspiring with her.
Jonah asked me to read James chapter 3-you know the chapter on anger & taming your tongue? Yeah. For good reason, too. Sure wish this gentle mothering thing came more naturally to me.
Off to do school with Susanna-she's been patiently waiting all day.
((Hugs)) Gotta love those days! They are memories in the making and moments to learn to offer encouragement later in the life to our own children who will be going through those same moments with our future grandchildren...hehe!
ReplyDelete