Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Busy & Full Day

What a busy & full day! We didn't get in all the schooling that I had hoped, but it all evens out. I made 4 loaves of bread this morning. I needed to keep Alyssa busy, so I set her up with a rice. She loved it.

Unfortunately, the rice didn't stay in the green lid. I figured as much. LOL The kids got all their inside chores, outside chores, Bible, memory verses, Greek & latin roots & Breakfast done. And the farrier came. That took awhile to trim the feet of 5 horses & 1 pony.

Susanna & Alyssa are still getting over a cold, so I took Jonah to gym class alone. Hannah stayed home to catch up on schoolwork & help watch the little girls. My husband was home today, too! While Jonah participated in gym class, I found a table to sit down at & work on schedule planning & organizing. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I visted a little bit with a couple other HS moms, too at the end. I used to always want to visit w/ other moms, but now I so crave just having time alone to myself since it so rarely happens.

After gym, Jonah & I went to Aldi's & got some great deals on foods to stock the pantry with. When we came home, Hannah was riding Copper & working on his training. She worked w/ Casey the other day. They are both doing really well & even with having some time off from being ridden, they seem to not have forgotten anything.

Dinner was Chicken Caciattori. While I was making it, Pat got snow off the porch roof. He stood in the bucket of the tractor while Jonah worked the controls. Look how serious his face is! lol

The kids helped me get the kitchen cleaned up & Pat is taking a nap. He has to work nights tonight. And he's taking the guide dog puppy with him. I just got some yogurt made up & now Alyssa is ready for bed, so I'm off

No comments:

Post a Comment