Jonah had a friend over for the day. His friend brought his dirtbike so they could both dirtbike together. Before that happened, Jonah had his chores to do, plus grammar & he needed to finish splitting firewood. He tripped on a piece of wood, fell backwards & hit his head on the splitter. He's ok, but it scared me. He's always getting hurt & I just can't take another ER trip anytime soon. I'd prefer that to never happen again, actually.
Hannah rode both the young horses. Copper was really fiesty & was messing up his turns around the second barrel, so they worked on that. Casey was really good and no bucking this time. :) She did her science & LLATL after that, cleaned her room and then took the boys to our neighbor's dirtbike track on the seasonal road. She rode the 4wheeler.


My husband took off from his regular job & spent part of the day helping out at our butcher's place. One of Hannah's friends came over, so 5 of the kids went swimming & kayaking in the pond. They have so much fun with the kayak-mostly trying to tip it with someone in it or stand on it or sink it. I really enjoyed watching & hearing them laughing while I was grilling dinner on the porch. Hannah & her friend went to the 4H meeting to get things ready for the Dairy parade next week. Many of the kids will be riding horses in it & they're designing a float, too. I love the dairy parade-it's totally small town charming. :)
Pat bush-hogged the summer pasture while I mowed the grass around the outside of the pastures. Jonah weed-wacked around the edges under the fence line & around the posts. Alyssa rode on the tractor with Pat. Susanna "galloped" in the pasture thru the buttercups before they were mowed. It was so beautiful & I wish I had the camera on the mower with me-I missed some really good shots of Susanna's long golden hair flying in the wind above the buttercups. And the horses grazing in buttercups with the sun shining on it all(especially the palomino). I had such a good feeling watching us all work together. Someone brought Hannah home from 4H and she did her evening chores, then took the 2 little girls in the house & gave them a bath. They were so so dirty. LOL
It was a good day, but the missing ducklings left me sad all day-I spent the whole day hoping to catch sight of their busy little yellow waddling selves. :( I'm missing them, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment