Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just a Normal Day

I'm getting over a cold this week & am dragging a bit. But, we managed to finish our standardized testing. We used the PASS test. We also got our math & history curriculums finished, so I'm thrilled. Still plugging away. I think we're probably going to be doing school thru the summer. So many things slow us down thru the school year that I think we need to do this. Hopefully, most of what we do this summer will count towards next school year. My kids are just involved in too many events & Alyssa is still pretty disruptive to our school "schedule." :)
Anyway, here are some pics from yesterday. I had a basket of stuff ready for Susanna to do so that when she ran out of things & I was busy, I'd quickly be able to direct her to something. I had the materials for crafts ready, too. She made a picture frame out of a CD case & I put her pic in it. She decorated the edges w/ foam stars & swirlies that you just peel the paper off the back & stick 'em on-very easy. She also did a weaving project. I just taped one side down to the counter so she could weave the other direction thru. She loved this:
And, sometimes you just have to this in order to get things done with the others. Jonah put this little TV on the table, so Alyssa set herself up there, too. She was playing w/ Little Bear stickies while watching "Little Bear."
I took a nap with the baby when she did & apparently, Hannah took a picture of us. :)
I had more energy after that. Hannah rode Casey-our youngest horse. He just turned 5. She plans on using him for drill team this year. She'll probably work with him on barrels and poles, too, but Copper is her main horse for that.
I admired the chives in my flower garden. I can't wait until they're open!
Pat & Jonah worked on Jonah's dirtbike. It needed new parts. Jonah was thrilled to ride it & spent the rest of the evening zooming all over on it. Thankfully, it's not one of those loud ones.
Here is Susanna, country girl extraudinaire. She's got spaghetti sauce all over her face, marker on her arms, and pajama bottomw w/ her t-shirt. The bottoms are an improvement-she was outside in her undies until I told her to get some pants on. That dog is Fletcher, our newest guide dog puppy. He's 8 months old.
Today is a gorgeous day & I'm sure I'll have lots more pics to post tonight if I have time.

2 comments:

  1. Precious picture of you and your little one sleeping. Those treasured moments are usually not captured. They do grow up too fast.

    Your flower garden looks like it will offer abundant beauty.

    Have a wonderful day, Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love that picture of you sleeping with baby. Precious!

    ReplyDelete