Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wednesday

We're on our summer schedule. I've decided. That means we're doing outside chores while it's cool in the morning, doing school schooling after lunch when it's hottest, then swim in the pond or whatever. We had a picnic outside yesterday. :) I'm keeping a daily list of what needs to be done in the house, out of the house & what we'll do for school. It seems like it's working pretty well so far.

Yesterday my oldest dd got to spend the day at Cornell with 3 of her 4H leaders (from hippology, quiz bowl & drill team). She learned a ton & got to watch a reining demonstration. She spoke with the man who gave it afterwards. It turns out he was one of my old college instructors. He invited her to come to his ranch w/ us to try reining on his horses to see if she likes it. She also had to do some public speaking. She wasn't happy about it, but it was good for her. She got to go to Cornell a couple weeks ago, too, with a horse trainer(woman) she was staying with for a few days with Copper. They trailered Nicky's studhorse to Cornell to have his semen artificially collected. They also saw 2 mares inseminated.

Today Jonah has a friend over for the day-they're doing a lot of dirtbiking. Today we are also troubled because Susanna's ducks are missing and we can't find them. She is very upset and I am very upset for her. There's evidence of a disturbance. My dh thinks they must be bedded down somewhere, but I am worried. Susanna & I prayed about it earlier. If you don't mind, would you pray her ducklings come back or we find them? thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment