Friday, May 21, 2010

Keeping up with Alyssa the Hun

LOL-that's our nickname for her. She's a cute little sweetie, but is also a dictator of exacting tendencies. And, not to mention, loud. So, coming up with ways to keep her busy so the rest of us can do school is a never-ending quest. Yesterday, she stayed busy for most of the morning on the porch with rice & little toys. I helped Jonah w/ his schoolwork on the porch to keep an eye on her, because she's been known to head for the horses or the pond, so we can't let her out of our sight. Here's a few pics:

She looks too sweet to be a dictator, doesn't she? :)

This is the face she made tasting the rice...and looking at me like it's my fault. "Mom, how COULD you?" ;)

Oh! What's going on over there?? Why wasn't I consulted?

woohoo-the ducks are out-let the pillaging begin! (we have to protect the ducklings from her, lol)

"No, I will not hurt the cute little 'duckwings'. I have never thrown sand toys at them or tried to whack them with sticks-how you exaggerate & embellish."

Get back here, baby! Leave those poor innocent duckwings alone!

mollified for the moment as she uses Hannah as her rightful throne...until a more suitable one is found. LOL Love these kids!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Holly! I did some searching and found your blog! I am happy we can keep in touch this way! I look forward to going back and reading all the Lord has been doing in your home!
    By the way, that little one is 100% adorable!! You are blessed!
    With much love,
    Mrs. Joseph Wood

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie. But I bet she's got a rod of steel in her spine? lol That can serve them well when they learn to apply it the right way.

    Precious little ones you've got there. :o)

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all her beautiful hair!! I can't believe that its so sunny and looks warm by you. We are having 37 degree weather AGAIN! It's freeeeezing cold and we are all wrapped up in blankets.

    ~Tamara
    ....hey, which blog do you prefer me to leave a comment--this one or the one of homeschoolblogger??

    ReplyDelete